Click here to register for our 2 day Driver Rehabilitation Course
Initiatives, Accomplishments and Achievements
Motor Vehicles and Road Traffic Act
Vehicle Safety Tips
Tips for Safer Driving
Driving under the influence
Demerit Points System
Make a Donation
Buy Arrive Alive Gear
Wall Of Memories
News & Activities
Ride To Live
Posted on: December 13th, 2019
ALWAYS WEAR A HELMET
– Choose a helmet that fits snug. It is the law.
WATCH YOUR SPEED
– Obey posted speed limits.
KNOW YOUR LIMITS
– Your bike has limits:
– Use your hand signals and always wait on the green light. Look right, left and right again before you ride off.
KEEP A SAFE DISTANCE
– Never tailgate. Give enough time and space to react to other motorists’ actions.
USE BOTH BRAKES
– Brake smart. apply both brakes slow and steady.
BE SEEN, BE VISIBLE
– Clothes must be bright florescent and even iridescent. Avoid blind spots and always use your headlights day and night.
– Do a thorough pre-ride inspection: tyres, gas, lights, brake and horn.
NEVER TAKE DRUGS AND RIDE
– Alcohol and drugs impair you ability to judge and react.
– Never assume that every vehicle, truck or pedestrian sees you. Your safety is your responsibility so be vigilant when on the road.
– Every time you ride, ride to live. You see a biker – someone else sees a dad, mom, brother sister, child or friend.
AA Motorcycle Tips OPT
Cycle To Live
Make Roads Safe
Tweets by ArriveAlivett
Would you like to support Arrive Alive?
MAKE A DONATION
For more information: