Our Driver Rehabilitation Course is now online, click here to signup
Initiatives, Accomplishments and Achievements
Motor Vehicles and Road Traffic Act
Vehicle Safety Tips
Tips for Safer Driving
Driving under the influence
Demerit Points System
Make a Donation
Buy Arrive Alive Gear
Wall Of Memories
News & Activities
Ride To Live
Posted on: December 13th, 2019
ALWAYS WEAR A HELMET
– Choose a helmet that fits snug. It is the law.
WATCH YOUR SPEED
– Obey posted speed limits.
KNOW YOUR LIMITS
– Your bike has limits:
– Use your hand signals and always wait on the green light. Look right, left and right again before you ride off.
KEEP A SAFE DISTANCE
– Never tailgate. Give enough time and space to react to other motorists’ actions.
USE BOTH BRAKES
– Brake smart. apply both brakes slow and steady.
BE SEEN, BE VISIBLE
– Clothes must be bright florescent and even iridescent. Avoid blind spots and always use your headlights day and night.
– Do a thorough pre-ride inspection: tyres, gas, lights, brake and horn.
NEVER TAKE DRUGS AND RIDE
– Alcohol and drugs impair you ability to judge and react.
– Never assume that every vehicle, truck or pedestrian sees you. Your safety is your responsibility so be vigilant when on the road.
– Every time you ride, ride to live. You see a biker – someone else sees a dad, mom, brother sister, child or friend.
AA Motorcycle Tips OPT
Cycle To Live
Make Roads Safe
Tweets by ArriveAlivett
Would you like to support Arrive Alive?
MAKE A DONATION
For more information: