To see our past World Remembrance Event click the links below
- World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims 2017
- World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims 2016
- World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims 2015
- World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims 2014
- World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims 2011
- World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims 2010
Latest Statistics More
|DATE||20th June 2018|
|# FATAL RTA’S||45||45||0% Increase|
|# OF DEATHS||48||47||2% Decrease|
To lobby for better road traffic management systems by inter-agency collaboration. To support the
Safe Systems Approach to road safety by encouraging our Government to form a Lead Council of direct stakeholders, to
advocate for the implementation of policy, and new laws to enhance the competency of drivers, for a safer road network, and for safer vehicles. To educate the general public on all aspects of road safety.
Our Watch WordsAs a road safety NGO, we are "dedicated to saving lives & preserving lifestyles".
Our VisionZero fatalities, zero injuries because every life matters.
DRIVER EDUCATION MEETINGSDriver Education meetings are provided to traffic offenders to include those who have been arrested for Drinking and Driving. The meetings include a presentation that covers driving under the influence; the consequences of speeding, fatigue and driving without seatbelts; distracted driving; passenger safety; global statistics; and acceptable road safety behaviour. Graphic road traffic accident videos are also shown to emphasize the consequences of making poor choices as drivers.
Meetings are held as follows:
- Wednesdays - Guardian Life Building, Hobson’s Court, 13-17 Keate Street, San Fernando, 4.00 pm sharp - contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Thursdays - Massy Properties, 61-63 Edward Street, Port of Spain, 4.00 pm sharp - contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Our StoriesView More
Wall of Remembrance
United Nations Decade of Action for Road Safety 2011-2020
- MOTOR VEHICLES AND ROAD TRAFFIC ACT
- MOTOR VEHICLES AND ROAD TRAFFIC (ENFORCEMENT AND ADMINISTRATION) ACT
- THE HIGHWAY CODE
- THE HIGHWAY CODE Part 1 - PEDESTRIANS
- THE HIGHWAY CODE Part 2 - PEDAL CYCLIST
- THE HIGHWAY CODE Part 3 - MOTORIST AND MOTOR CYCLISTS
- POST-CRASH RESPONSE - SUPPORTING THOSE AFFECTED BY ROAD TRAFFIC CRASHES
- HOW 3-STAR OR BETTER ROADS CAN CUT DEATH AND TRAUMA
- KNOW THE RULES GOVERNING THE ROADWAY
- MVRTA BICYCLE REGULATIONS
- DEMERIT POINTS SYSTEM
- MOTOR VEHICLES AND ROAD TRAFFIC ACT 2017(RED LIGHT CAMERA, DEMERIT POINTS AND REFORMED FIXED PENALTY)
- DRIVER TRAINING RESEARCH - “Would you fly with a pilot who had few hours of instruction and is learning by trial and error?
Would you go to a dentist who is learning by trial and error?”
- TAC CAMPAIGNS
- LEGAL AID
- AMBULANCE SERVICES BILL